Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Orzo Spinach Salad

This makes my taste buds do a happy dance! "The Cheese Shop" in Williamsburg's Merchant Square make something similar, and I love it so much I decided to copy it at home. As it turns out, I actually like mine even better. :) Here's how I made it. The amount of spinach I used is just a guesstimate here, it's possible I may have used more. I like it on the spinach-y side -- it adds flavor and it's healthy!

Orzo Spinach Salad
1 box Orzo pasta (cook, drain, and rinse with cold water)
3 cups FRESH baby leaf spinach (stems torn off, chopped one direction into "strips" -- don't chop too finely)
1 package Athenos original Feta cheese
1/4 cup pinenuts
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
*(I forgot! you can also add some fresh basil)

Rinse cooked orzo with plenty of ice-cold water until it's completely cooled off from cooking -- drain off excess cold water. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil to add flavor and keep from sticking. Combine spinach, and gently stir in feta and pinenuts. Cover and chill until ready to serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment