Friday, March 5, 2010

Curtain-y stuff!

I'm getting ready to make some curtains for our in-the-works guest room (I'll cover that in a later post), which will hopefully get done next week (both the room and the curtains!). I decided to make my own instead of buying them this time, and headed over to Ikea for some fabric. If you don't live near an Ikea... I'm sorry. I live just a mile and a half away, so I'm a little addicted. ;) I found this design (seen below) and just love it! I'm a little nervous about using it, only because the design itself it so big -- it repeats every yard, and the two panels will need to line up "just so" to look good next to each other. That may not make sense unless you see the whole, big length of fabric opened up. Hopefully it'll turn out okay. Crossing my fingers!

I'm so in love with this fabric! It's sort of reminiscent of peacock feathers.

























These are the fantastic clip-on curtain rings (Ikea Riktig) I got, because I thought they were so awesome (and my time is too precious to do anything else). The curtains are long, and the fabric heavy -- however, these clips feel super strong, so I'll report later on how well they work. I bought a total of 30 clips for just $9.00! Deal, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Can't wait to see it. (PS: I'm sorry I never left you a proper comment before. I didn't realize there was a way I could comment without having to make a whole other blog! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that fabric!! I wish I had an IKEA closer to me. :S

    ReplyDelete