Friday, January 29, 2010

Julie and Julia

After much anticipation and patient waiting, I finally got to see "Julie and Julia." LOVE. I need to own this. The movie tells two stories, one of Julia Child and how she began her cooking career (which was not until she was almost forty -- it's never too late!), the other telling Julie Powell's story -- a woman who blogged her adventures cooking all 524 recipes in Mastering The Art of French Cooking in one year. I enjoyed the movie as a whole, but was particularly moved by the "Julia" half of the story. How inspiring. I loved seeing a portrayal of her relationship with her husband Paul -- it was so sweet. Meryl Streep was amazing.
Anyway, I now have a burning desire to cook new things, especially aspics! (joking) Boeuf bourguignon is nearing the top of my list.

2 comments:

  1. I agree - the movie was great!! I bought it prior to even seeing it. I'm glad I did! I blogged about it about a week or so ago: http://alison.blogsome.com/2010/01/15/julie-julia-the-movie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the movie as well. I do have to admit that I loved the Julia Child half more than the blogger. I could have watched an entire movie devoted to the life of Mrs. Child. It made me want to go out and by her cook book.

    ReplyDelete