Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February randomness

Something to tide this blog over until I get it together to write a "real" blog post:

Jackson just turned two months old. He is growing like a weed (at the top of the charts for height and weight), and loves snuggling, nursing, smiling, staring at ceiling fans, sleeping (sometimes), and his family. We love him, too! He just laughed for the first time the other day. Sweetness!

Charlotte is becoming such a big girl. Her vocabulary is finally really expanding, and it's fun to hear all of her cute phrases. She adores animals (especially dogs!), is fascinated by trains (definitely her daddy's daughter!) and loves listening to people sing songs. She's also rather a whirlwind of emotions right now. Part of it is just that she's a toddler (and a human being who feels emotion), but I really suspect some of it is just from having to adjust to such a new family routine. I'm sure things will get easier for her soon, but it's hard seeing her get so weepy and emotional about everything all the time. Prayers appreciated both for her, and for us as we try to help her.

I recently bought a new 50mm lens - love, love, love it! I need a lot of practice since it's quite different from what I'm used to, but I'm so pleased with the results so far. It takes such great portraits, and I have two super cute subjects to practice on! Will post some pictures soon.

I am working on venturing back into the world of cooking, but WOW, getting a meal together takes so much longer with two little kids to look after! This has called for some extra creativity as far as meal planning is concerned. I'm open to suggestions/tips for order in the kitchen with little kids! ;)

Another post to come... Eventually. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment