Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cheddar Bay Biscuits


I truly thought I had posted this recipe way back this summer when I first tried it, but after looking through old posts it appears that I didn't -- so here goes! I based this off another recipe I found while searching online. The idea is to recreate those delicious cheddar bay biscuits from Red Lobster (which, IMHO, is probably the only thing I really like about said restaurant). After trying these, I have to say I might like them a teensy bit more than RL's. Which means I don't have to go buy a meal there just to get the free biscuits anymore! ;>

Cheddar Bay Biscuits
4 cups Bisquick (or comparable baking mix)
4-5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup melted butter
3/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp dried parsley (3/4 tsp. if fresh, which is always best -- but not typically most practical)

Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (however, I think I just used non-stick spray). Combine bisquick, cheese and water in a mixing bowl. Mix until firm -- just make sure not to over-mix it! Use a large cookie scoop (or medium sized spoon) to scoop dough onto cookie sheet, a couple of inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Add the garlic salt and parsley to the melted butter and brush generously over the biscuits as soon as they come out of the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment